Personal Academic License
Just like we offer commercial users a chance to try MOSEK with our Trial License, we also provide academic faculty, students or staff a free license. This license can only be used for research or educational purposes at degree-granting academic institutions. In order to receive this license file, the request must be made using your academic email address.
- Includes all features except the AMPL shell
- Is not size restricted
- Is valid for 365 days, but you can be renewed multiple times
NOTE: To ensure positive response, use an academic email address in the application form.
Institutional Academic License
This is a floating license, which allows you to use several instances of MOSEK at the same time, through a License Server. It is designed specifically for universities, departments or university research groups at degree-granting institutions. The license is valid for two years and can be renewed any number of times through our website. Like the Personal Academic license, the request must be made using your academic email address. To apply, prepare the following information and access the link below:
- Name, address and web address of your institution
- Name and email of the primary contact (for example, head of the group)
- Number of licenses requested
- Hostname and hostid of the license server (see the licensing guide)
- Alternative email address (typically the system administrator or whoever is going to maintain the service)
- A brief description of the intended use of MOSEK
DO NOT APPLY FOR AN INSTITUTIONAL LICENSE IF YOU DO NOT NEED SEVERAL USERS CONCURRENTLY RUNNING MOSEK IN THE SAME NETWORK. Use a Personal Academic license instead. It is easier and faster to obtain.