Personal Academic License
Just like we offer commercial users a chance to try MOSEK with our Trial License, we also provide academic faculty, students or staff a free license. This license can only be used for research or educational purposes at degree-granting academic institutions. In order to receive this license file, the request must be made using your academic email address.
- Includes all features except the AMPL shell
- Is not size restricted
- Is valid for 365 days, but you can be renewed multiple times
NOTE: To ensure positive response, use an academic email address in the application form.
Institutional Academic License
This is a floating license. It will give access to a number of floating licenses available through a License Server. It is designed specifically for universities, departments or research groups at degree-granting institutions who would like to use MOSEK in the classroom or make MOSEK available at the campus network. The license is valid for two years and can be renewed any number of times. Like the Personal Academic license, the request must be made using your academic email address. To apply, prepare the following information and access the link below:
- Name, address and web address of your institution
- Name and email of the primary contact (for example, head of the group)
- Number of licenses requested
- Hostname and hostid of the license server (see the licensing guide)
- Alternative email address (typically the system administrator or whoever is going to maintain the service)
- A brief description of the intended use of MOSEK
NOTE: DO NOT APPLY FOR AN INSTITUTIONAL LICENSE IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL USER. Use a Personal Academic license or a Trial license, as mentioned above. These are easier and faster to obtain.