Personal Academic License
Just like we offer commercial users a chance to try MOSEK with our Trial License, we also provide faculty, students or staff at degree-granting academic institutions a free license. The free academic license can only be used for research in academic institutions or educational purposes.
- Includes all features except the AMPL shell.
- Is size unrestricted.
- Is valid for one year, but you can apply any number of times.
To ensure positive response please use an academic e-mail address in the application form.
Academic Institution License
Universities, departments or research groups who want to use MOSEK in the classroom or make MOSEK available at the campus network can obtain free of charge a number of floating licenses (typically around 50 users but negotiable). The license is valid for two years and can be renewed any number of times. To apply, prepare the following information and access the link below:
- Name, address and web address of your institution.
- Name and email of the primary contact (for example, head of the group).
- Number of licenses requested.
- Hostname and hostid of the license server (see the licensing guide).
- Alternative email address (typically system administrator).
- A brief description of the intended use of MOSEK.
ATTENTION: DO NOT APPLY FOR AN INSTITUTION LICENSE IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL USER. Use a personal academic license or a trial license, as mentioned above. These are easier and faster to obtain.