The MOSEK distribution is organized in parts that reflect the purchase options and the optimizer capabilities. A part ID is a combination of a license type and a set of functionalities. In terms of license, we define the following types:
- It is tied to a particular computer that is acting as a license server. The license can be used at any computer connected to the license server (also on the server itself).
- The license can be used on any computer connected via the network to the license server.
- An unlimited number users can share a limited number of licenses.
You may think of the license server as a computer with a bag of license tokens. Whenever a program starts using the license, a license token is requested from the license server. The license token is returned to the license server when the program no longer needs it (or at latest when the program completes). This implies you cannot use more license tokens than you actually have at any given point in time. The advantage of a floating license is:
- It is tied to one particular server and allows unrestricted use the license at the designated server. Hence, there are no restrictions on the number programs and the number of users that can use the license. A server license is also sometimes called a node-locked license.
Below is a description of the MOSEK part IDs.
It is a floating license for the base system and it is always required. It allows you to solve problems with:
- Linear constraints.
- Linear or convex quadratic objective.
- Continuous and integer variables.
The PTS part includes free of charge interfaces for:
- The command line
- AMPL modeling language
If your problems include conic constraints, the Nonlinear extension PTON is required in addition to PTS.
It is a floating license extension to part PTS that makes it possible to solve continous and mixed-integer quadratically constrained and conic problems with MOSEK. Note MOSEK is not capable of solving mixed-integer problems having symmetric matrix variables currently. In addition PTON makes it possible to solve general continous convex optimization problems.
It is a server license for the base system. The type of problems that can be solved with PTS-NODE is the same as with part PTS.
It is a server license extension to PTS-NODE. The type of problems that can be solved with PTON-NODE is the same as with part PTON.
It contains a fully-featured AMPL shell, that enables the user to call any solver compatible with AMPL.
An USB dongle is a small hardware device that provide a unique ID a license can be tied to. A dongle is typically employed when a license should be used both at an office and a home PC and the two PCs are not connected. We recommend not use a dongle unless there are very good reasons to do so because of the increased complexity. A dongle is not supported on all platform. Please go to the dongle installation page for further details about the dongle..
Consider our Group License
If you require a large volume usage of MOSEK consider our Group License scheme. You avoid the hassle of token servers and gain a lot of flexibility. Details on the sales pages.