MOSEK is a tool for solving mathematical optimization problems such as:
- linear programs,
- quadratic programs
- conic problems
- mixed integer problems.
- Financial applications e.g. portfolio management
- Supply chain management
- Analog chip design
- Forestry and farming
- Medical and hospital management
- Power supply and network planning
- TV commercial scheduling
- Structural engineering.
Due to its powerful state-of-the-art interior-point optimizer for linear, quadratic and conic problems, MOSEK is widely employed in the financial, energy and forestry industry.
Other advantages of using MOSEK:
- Includes free of charge interfaces to languages such as C, Java, .NET and Python.
- Extensive documentation.
- Attractive pricing which is publicly available.
- Excellent support. Normally support emails are answered by the developers within an hour and in many cases faster.